The new Precision Stereo Preamplifier C-3850 continues the challenge and raises the bar even further, bringing together the entire wealth of preamplifier know-how gained by Accuphase over the years. In construction as well as circuit design, it incorporates latest technology realized with components selected through a thorough review process including extended listening tests. The result is an audio instrument that admits no compromise in the pursuit of peerless performance for musical mastery.
The C-3850 features a further evolved version of this principle, called «Balanced AAVA», with two AAVA circuits driven in a parallel balanced configuration. AAVA does not «turn down» the volume in the ordinary sense. Rather, it switches a combination of V-I amplifiers as required in order to directly change the amplifier gain and thereby achieve the desired volume. This revolutionary approach eliminates impedance changes as well as adverse effects from noise and other factors.
The entire path for all signals from the input connectors to the outputs is fully balanced, and signal purity is further elevated by the use of ultimate-quality parts and materials, ensuring electrical characteristics and sonic excellence of the highest order. With its no-holds-barred use of resources, and its bold realization of latest circuit design, the C-3850 is an analog preamplifier that redefines the state of the art and points the way towards the future.
- Revolutionary low-noise «Balanced AAVA Volume Control»
- High-rigidity, high-accuracy volume knob sensor mechanism
- Separate high-efficiency toroidal power transformers for left and right channels
- Selectable preamp gain
- Fully modular construction with separate left/right units for each amplifier stage
- Logic-controlled relays for shortest signal paths
- Independent phase selection for each input position
- Printed circuit boards made from glass cloth fluorocarbon resin
- Massive wood cabinet with natural grain finish