The Stereo Power Amplifier P-4200 incorporates the outstanding design technology of the A-200. Based on the P-4100, it represents a full model change with further enhanced overall circuitry. The power amplifier section features another Accuphase specialty, namely the MCS+ topology in combination with current feedback, ensuring outstanding S/N ratio and superior electrical performance characteristics.
The output stage for each channel uses three pairs of high-power transistors with a Pc rating of 220 watts, arranged in a parallel push-pull configuration. This ensures low output impedance. As demonstrated by the power rating of 500 watts per channel into 1 ohm (music signals only), the P-4200 can easily drive speakers with very low impedance, and speakers with uneven impedance curves are also handled with aplomb.
Output relays have been replaced by MOS-FET switches that combine excellent reliability with highly pure amplification. Redesigned output coils and other features result in lower energy losses and allow a drastic improvement of the damping factor to 500.
- Output stage with triple parallel push-pull configuration for each channel delivers high power down to very low impedance loads
- Instrumentation amplifier principle used in input stage
- MCS+ circuit and current feedback topology in amplification stage
- Bridged connection mode allows upgrading to monophonic amplifier
- Strong power supply with massive high-efficiency toroidal transformer and large filtering capacitors
- 4-stage gain control